New "Rheingold" at the Met

Posted by Lew , Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:48 AM


In fairness, I'm not blown away by what I've seen of the Met's new Ring Cycle. It may turn out to surprise me, but at this point I'm not convinced. There is something to be said for at least one opera company being known for a traditional production of Wagner's work. Nonetheless, I do like the marketing campaign. Deborah Voight looks amazing as Brunnhilde, and I think Bryn Terfel will be a smashing (and sexy) Wotan. And they have ravens!

1 Response to "New "Rheingold" at the Met"

Anonymous Says:

I saw it last May at the Met. I thought it was absolutely amazing, contrary to many reviews. The visuals were captivating, the singers phenominal and the orchestra almost perfect. If you haven't seen the Fathom Event broadcasts of this opera yet - they are done very well as well. I'm hoping for the Bluuray boxed set!!!

Post a Comment